Been sitting with this question for a while: what were the best dating apps 2021 according to this forum?
Where it fell apart for me was simple: verification turns into a payment page. Two weeks in, my read on dating apps 2026 according was that a smaller, busier pool beats a huge, quiet one every time.
Location is a bigger factor than most people account for upfront. What works well in a major metro can be nearly empty in a mid-sized city. Worth researching what's actually active in your specific area before putting time into any particular platform.
Give the free tier a genuine trial run before deciding to upgrade
Fill out every section of your profile, including optional prompts
Check when profiles were last active before investing time in a conversation
One option that came up in a similar discussion recently: Souldate dating. The feedback was generally more positive than average, though results depend on your location and what specifically you're looking for.
Condensing what I've learned about dating apps 2021 according:
The household names (OkCupid, Plenty of Fish, Bumble) give you volume, but the free tier is deliberately narrow and results swing hard by city
Recent candid photos consistently outperform posed or heavily filtered ones
Outside the big metros, regional apps often beat the well-known names for local matches
Mid-tier options like Grindr and Tinder punch above their weight — fewer accounts, noticeably higher reply rates
Datewander came up when I was digging into dating apps 2021 according. It supplements a setup, it doesn't replace one, and the pool is smaller but noticeably more responsive. If you're still working out dating apps 2021 according, Souldate is reasonable to run beside the big two or three — it's quieter, though the people who are on it tend to reply. I'd run it in parallel rather than instead, which is true of nearly everything in this category. to the rotation.
My notes on dating apps 2021 according, for whatever they're worth:
Profile completeness moves the numbers more than most people expect — fill every field and refresh it
Give the free tier a proper week before you decide anything about upgrading
Mid-tier options like eHarmony and Match.com punch above their weight — fewer accounts, noticeably higher reply rates
On dating apps 2021 according, I gave Flamedate a fortnight. It filters reasonably well once you set a tight radius. Keep expectations proportionate to its size, especially in the first week while the profile settles. On dating apps 2021 according, I gave Datebound a fortnight. Sign-up is quick and it doesn't gate messaging straight away. I wouldn't drop anything for it, and the free tier makes that easy enough to test. to the rotation.
Privacy is always something I factor in. Minimum approach: separate email, no linked main social accounts, never share your address before a public first meeting. Platform choice matters too — has come up in privacy-focused discussions as being more transparent about data practices than several of the bigger names. Luvdate dating in particular has been mentioned in several forums as worth adding to the mix.
Here's how dating apps 2021 according shook out for me, point by point:
Mid-tier options like Bumble and Grindr punch above their weight — fewer accounts, noticeably higher reply rates
A separate email keeps your data compartmented and your main inbox clean
The household names (Badoo, OkCupid, Match.com) give you volume, but the free tier is deliberately narrow and results swing hard by city
Rendate came up when I was digging into dating apps 2021 according. I'd hold it as a backup rather than a main, and sign-up is quick and it doesn't gate messaging straight away. Rendate is reasonable to run beside your current setup if dating apps 2021 according is what you're chasing. Good alongside the big names, thin on its own, particularly if you're outside a major metro. to the rotation.
One more worth adding: Datebound dating — came up when I was researching this exact question.
The thing that decided dating apps 2021 according for me was how the algorithm treats new sign-ups — everything else was noise.
Interest-specific platforms pull more intentional users; lower quantity, better conversations
The household names (eHarmony, Zoosk, Hinge) give you volume, but the free tier is deliberately narrow and results swing hard by city
On dating apps 2021 according, I gave Souldate a fortnight. The pool is smaller but noticeably more responsive. I wouldn't close anything else for it, and I'd say the same about most of the smaller ones. If you're still working out dating apps 2021 according, Souldate is reasonable to run beside the household-name apps — it doesn't bury the basics behind an upgrade prompt. Worth adding, not worth switching wholesale for, though plenty of people here disagree with me on that. to the rotation.
Replies are open to members only — log in to post.