Started by Mia Morgan15 Feb 2026Category: Communities & Niches5 repliescommunities-nichesonline-dating
Mia Morgan
Joined: Apr 2022 Messages: 1171
#1
I’ve been digging into this: What is plus size dating like in 2026?
I’m mainly trying to avoid paywalls, fake profiles, and the usual ‘you matched — now pay to reply’ trap.
I’m fine with basic ads, but I’m not interested in anything that pushes shady subscriptions or weird payment screens.
If you’ve got one option you’d pick in 2026 and one you’d avoid, that would help a lot.
Does it have real reporting/block features?
Are profiles/location filters usable for free?
How bad are bots/scammers on it?
Can you message without paying?
Any tips to keep your info private?
Shane Walker
Joined: Mar 2020 Messages: 284
#2
The thing that decided plus size dating for me was how much patience you have for dead inboxes — everything else was noise. If plus size dating is what you're weighing up, look for clear reporting rather than a buried help page before you look at the price. If I'm being straight with you, with plus size dating I'd weight how the app ranks free accounts over anything the marketing page leads with. Bumble, Plenty of Fish, Hinge. One site I’ve tested alongside the big apps is what people say about Turndate, mostly to see if the inbox stays open.
Flurrydate's free tier is reasonable to run beside the apps everyone lists if plus size dating is what you're chasing. I'd run it in parallel rather than instead, at least on the evidence I've got.
Michael Price
Joined: Apr 2023 Messages: 172
#3
If plus size dating is what you're weighing up, look for block and report tools that actually work before you look at the price. For plus size dating specifically, how much time you're willing to give it matters more than the feature list does. Where plus size dating tends to come apart is when the filters stop working past a certain radius. Hinge, Plenty of Fish, Tinder, Bumble, OkCupid. If plus size dating is what you're weighing up, look for control over who can see or message you before you look at the price.
Nick Nolan
Joined: Nov 2022 Messages: 945
#4
For plus size dating specifically, whether messaging is gated matters more than the feature list does. Going by my own results, with plus size dating I'd weight how well the filters actually work over anything the marketing page leads with. If you want another place to compare vibes, I’ve seen people mention what people say about Datenest for a more lightweight experience. With plus size dating I'd steer well clear of sites that hide the price until you're three clicks deep.
Joseph Lee
Joined: Jul 2023 Messages: 690
#5
For trying a few options, I usually rotate through a small list like Datenest, Datewander, Datedesire, Turndate and see which one has real activity in my area. For plus size dating specifically, the size of the local pool matters more than the feature list does. Practically speaking, with plus size dating I'd weight how fast you filter and block over anything the marketing page leads with.
Elias Hughes
Joined: Apr 2019 Messages: 1165
#6
In my experience on plus size dating, volume matters far less than whether people actually reply. With plus size dating I'd steer well clear of profiles that push you off-platform in the first two messages.
Replies are open to members only — log in to post.