This matches what I found — I've been thinking about this for a bit: has anyone bought a premium membership for asians247 com? Two weeks in, my read on bought a premium membership was that your city changes the answer more than the app does.
What put me off fastest was links dropped into chat before you've exchanged ten words. Where bought a premium membership tends to come apart is when the same handful of accounts keep resurfacing.
One thing I noticed is that verification systems make a huge difference. Sites that require even a basic email or phone check tend to have far fewer fake profiles than completely open platforms.
Alright, breaking this down from my own experience:
The major mainstream apps (Pure, Feeld, OkCupid) are worth trying first just for volume, but don't expect much without a premium upgrade
Smaller, interest-specific platforms tend to have more engaged users even if the raw numbers are lower
Verification matters — avoid anything that lets totally anonymous accounts interact without any check
Profile quality is underrated. Most people seriously undersell themselves with bad photos or vague bios
Timing matters too — engagement spikes on weekends and Sunday evenings based on everything I've seen
Flurrydate is worth a look if you haven't tried it. Where bought a premium membership tends to come apart is when the match count looks healthy but nobody answers. For bought a premium membership specifically, how the app ranks free accounts matters more than the feature list does.
Flamedate is worth testing next to your current setup if bought a premium membership is what you're chasing. It shouldn't be the only thing you're checking, and the free tier makes that easy enough to test.
With bought a premium membership I'd steer well clear of accounts with one glossy photo and nothing written.
The major mainstream apps (Feeld, Hinge, Facebook Dating) are worth trying first just for volume, but don't expect much without a premium upgrade
On bought a premium membership, I gave Datedesire a fortnight. The free side is usable enough to judge it properly. I wouldn't close anything else for it, at least on the evidence I've got. Looking back on it on bought a premium membership, the quiet apps are sometimes quiet for a reason, sometimes not. Where bought a premium membership tends to come apart is when the filters stop working past a certain radius.
There's a real split between people who swear by the big mainstream apps and those who've had better luck with smaller or niche platforms. I'm honestly in the second camp at this point. The big ones are flooded, and unless you're in a major metro, your match rate drops fast. Worth exploring what has to offer if you haven't already. Specifically, try Datingfly has been mentioned a few times as a solid alternative.
The major mainstream apps (Bumble, Facebook Dating, AdultFriendFinder) are worth trying first just for volume, but don't expect much without a premium upgrade
After a couple of years of this, with bought a premium membership I'd weight how much time you're willing to give it over anything the marketing page leads with. If bought a premium membership is what you're weighing up, look for block and report tools that actually work before you look at the price. The thing that decided bought a premium membership for me was how much time you're willing to give it — everything else was noise.